We now have over 2,700 Owners! Thanks to all the Owners who are helping make the vision a reality.
Good news! You too can become an Owner of Chatham Marketplace.
Each Owner holds an equal share in an important Local business. Our Owners have made it possible for Chatham Marketplace to:
- Return more than 25% of our expenses to the Local economy
- Provide local jobs
- Provide a retail space for local farmers and artisans to sell their goods.
Give Ownership as a gift!
Chatham Marketplace Ownership Shares make great gifts for the holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, or anytime! You may purchase an ownership online here, or DOWNLOAD an ownership application, complete with the gift recipient’s information, and bring/send in with a check or credit card payment. Your friend, neighbor, colleague or family member will be thrilled! They will be welcomed to Chatham Marketplace and informed who gifted them a share. If you have any questions, please contact us at 919-542-2643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Benefits of Ownership
Of course, anyone can shop at Chatham Marketplace, but by becoming an owner you are entitled to:
- Opportunity to vote and/or run for the Board of Directors
- Right to attend monthly Board meetings
- 10% Discount on pre-ordered cases
- 5% Discount on your total purchase every Thursday (Beer, Wine, & Sushi excluded)
- Owners Deals and special pricing on selected products all year round
- Opportunity to join a committee and help guide the store’s vision
- Each Ownership share is entitled to ONE vote in the election of the Board of Directors and/or other votes which require the Ownership to participate.
- Owning a grocery store with your friends
- A patronage dividend in profitable years
- The lasting good karma from knowing that you are directly responsible for helping Chatham County- your friends, family, neighbors, and local businesses- to thrive, both economically and nutritionally!
The cost of one (1) Ownership share is $100. This is a one-time fee for a lifetime Ownership.
You can pay it in one lump sum, or pay in installments. (The pay-by-installment option is not available online.)
If you choose to pay in installments:
- $25 quarterly
- You have a full year to pay
- Benefits begin with full membership payment
Need Assistance Purchasing Your Ownership Share?
In an effort to help our shoppers afford the benefits of being a co-op owner, we have established the Melissa Frey Family Ownership Fund, in the name of our founding board president. We will offer 3 cost-share grants per year, making an Ownership in Chatham Marketplace only $30 (normally $100). DOWNLOAD the Melissa Frey Ownership Application.
Note: Ownership shares are transferable, with written permission from all involved parties.