Become an Owner
We now have over 2,200 Owners! Thanks to all the Owners who are helping make the vision a reality! Anyone can become an Owner at Chatham Marketplace.
Each Owner holds an equal share in an important Local business. Our Owners have made it possible for Chatham Marketplace to:
- Return more than 25% of our expenses to the Local economy
- Provide 30 local jobs
- Provide more than $11 million worth of goods to the community
- Provide a retail space for local farmers and artisans to sell their goods.
Give Chatham Marketplace Ownership as a gift!
Chatham Marketplace Ownership Shares make great gifts for the holidays, birthdays, anniversaries or anytime! Download an ownership application, complete with the gift recipient’s information and send in with a check or credit card payment. Your friend, neighbor, colleague or family member will be thrilled! They will be welcomed to Chatham Marketplace and informed who gifted them a share. If you have any questions, please contact Miki at 919-542-2643 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Benefits of Ownership
Of course, anyone can shop at Chatham Marketplace, but by becoming an owner you are entitled to:
- Opportunity to vote and/or run for the Board of Directors
- Right to attend monthly Board meetings
- Quarterly coupon book
- 10% Discount on pre-ordered cases
- Scheduled deliveries to our home-bound Owners
- A signature Chatham Marketplace gift for each adult Owner
- A Patronage Dividend in profitable years based on store purchases
Each Ownership share is entitled to ONE vote in the election of the Board of Directors and/or other votes which require the Ownership to participate.
The cost of One Ownership share is $100
You can pay it in one lump sum, or pay in installments.
If you choose to pay in installments:
- $25 quarterly
- You have a full year to pay!
- Benefits begin with your 1st payment
Need Assistance Purchasing Your Ownership Share?
In an effort to help our shoppers afford the benefits of being a co-op owner, we have established the Melissa Frey Family Ownership Fund, in the name of our founding board president. We will offer 3 cost-share grants per year, making an Ownership in Chatham Marketplace only $30 (normally $100). DOWNLOAD the Melissa Frey Ownership Application.